Formerly located at 1511 Windsor St., between Ripley and William,
the Benton-Stephens community garden came to a close in October, 2016.
This garden community garden was founded in 2006 by Kip Kendrick and few other community-focused gardeners. Use of the land was generously provided by Mark Stevenson. This busy garden featured small to medium individual plots and a community herb garden.
The garden grew out of the ruined foundation of the former home of beloved community member Ernie Koenig. Even after his death, he is still remembered by his friends and neighbors for his stunningly colorful flower beds that used to line the front of his house, cheering up the neighborhood.