Location: 1400 Ballenger Lane, next to Fire Station #5
Land provided by: City of Columbia
Maintained by: Individual plots for gardeners from all over the city
Garden leaders: Julie Walker
The garden is named after D. H. Crum, a City of Columbia fallen firefighter. As the City of Columbia and the Columbia Fire Department have generously loaned us their land, we chose to honor D.H. Crum for his service by naming the garden after him. Through partnerships with the Community Garden Coalition of Columbia and the City of Columbia and several generous donations we were able to start establishing the garden in the fall of 2014. The garden consists of raised beds, rain barrels, and a shed that houses basic tools for all gardeners to use. While each raised bed is maintained by an individual/group, we also have a shared large plot and orchard (planted in 2016). Our garden continues to grow and develop each year! Visit our Facebook page for pictures and events!